Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Urban Park


I promised more photos of this cute little "urban park" on 3rd Street in Walla Walla. Here is the view as you approach it from the South. It's a perfect little place for a journal-writing, coffee-sipping, shade-sitting summer afternoon. One of these days maybe I'll actually get to try that. To the left, under the tree casting a shadow on the park, is "The Thinker" I posted a few days ago. I wish I knew the name of this tiny park made of brick and cement. Anyone from this area have any ideas?

6 comments:

• Eliane • said...

It is a charming little corner.

This Belgian gal must confess something: I clicked on your vignette from the portal, intrigued by the name of your city which I always thought was an imaginary one, used in movies. You learn every day... ;)

Laurie Allee said...

I miss carefree days journal writing in a park! This is my kind of spot. I love it. I'm partial to this kind of small oasis carved out of an urban setting. It's so delightfully unexpected.

Pat said...

This is a really cute place I'd like to visit; love the photo. And I really like the photo you posted yesterday!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Hilda said...

That's a lovely little spot! We definitely need some here in Manila.

The Mom said...

Well, I'm not from the area, but is it Crawford Park? Clean urban parks are rare indeed, and Walla Walla appears to have captured the heart of a small town with that little park.

Jill said...

What a sweet spot for sitting with a cup. I'm surprised no one is taking advantage of that park bench, unless of course it was 100° when you took the shot! Whoever is responsible did the people of Walla Walla good.