Saturday, August 9, 2008

Always Ready

This slide is part of a small playground at Rooks Park, another very popular park in Walla Walla. It's on the eastern outskirts of town, within walking distance of Walla Walla Community College. There are hundreds of acres of land here, complete with picnic areas, a stream, a river, walking trails, a greenbelt that takes you back into town, wide open spaces, hills to climb, and a reservoir with countless trails around it. There are some fantastic views from this park, and I will eventually capitalize on them and post some here for your enjoyment. For now, here's an "artsy" shot I attempted in the playground area near the parking lot.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Really like your photo; unusal angle of an everyday object. It looks hot though! Ouch!

Small City Scenes said...

Great shot. I love the metal slides and waxed paper makes one zoom down them. MB

Meead said...

Good!

This is my first time visiting your blog. You have a nice one.

Ann (MobayDP) said...

Very nice angle there.

I agree with bibi though. It looks hot! :)

Jill said...

Becky, what a great shot. I love how you caught the sun and light on the slide.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Your artsy shot has worked a treat.
Suchan interesiting angle and very space age.

Heather Ann said...

My son LOVES that slide! I saw your comment on my parent's blog, and came over to check out your - beautiful photography! I will check back often!