Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Mail

I really just loved the sunflowers behind this mailbox. The Union-Bulletin, our local newspaper, distributes blue boxes for delivery of their daily newspaper. For being a small-town paper, it is quite well-done. Which is more than I can say for their counterpart across the Oregon border, sadly enough. I've worked with several of the UB reporters personally, and I've enjoyed every experience. They are professional, friendly, and very helpful. Our little town is fortunate to have such a great team of newspaper reporters and editors to give us the daily news.

3 comments:

Meead said...

Beautiful sunflowers! They are tall.

Laurie Allee said...

Oh, great shot!!! And yay for wonderful small town papers. I think that's where the real reporters are now -- mainstream major news is so corporate-run with agendas. Real reporting happens here.

Isadora said...

Just by virtue of having sunflowers make it a happy place. :) Don't they automatically make you smile? I love the fact that there are fields of them in Hungary as you drive along the countryside. I wonder why people don't smile more around here. :)