Friday, August 1, 2008

Farm Country

As I've mentioned before, this area is very much a farmscape. Barns - old and new - dot the hills and fields, and between the fields of wheat, onions, and grapes are grazing cows, horses, sheep, and goats. I spotted this beautiful view when I stepped out into the backyard of the house my sister is taking care of while the owners are away for the summer. They have a couple of kittens and we'd stopped by to see them. I couldn't help but grab my camera and snap this shot. Call me a country girl, but I think this scene is so gorgeous and serene.

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

Well it's sure beautiful!

Harry Makertia said...

Oh my... I love it, I love it! I'm dreaming to have this kind of house, in the middle of nowhere, peacefully. Thanks for posting this picture!

The Mom said...

So peaceful and serene...I would love to live there. I especially like the way you "framed" the photo with the fence in the foreground.