Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Splash of Colour


These flowers line the sidewalk that follows College Avenue in College Place. The building in the background is Peterson Memorial Library on the campus of Walla Walla University. I hope to have more shots of their campus in the future, as there are some great things to show there. These flowers caught my eye as I sat parked on the side of the road talking on the phone. As of July 1, 2008, it is illegal to use a cell phone while driving without a hands-free set or Bluetooth. Since I'm not interested in spending nearly $100 on a Bluetooth and I hate the cheap-o "stick-'em-in-your-ear" hands-free sets, I typically either don't talk while driving, or keep a keen eye out for police cars while I do. It's a really bad habit to have, talking on the phone while driving, and I'm trying to quit, really I am. Do they make a patch for that?

2 comments:

• Eliane • said...

Very pretty! I like the contrast between the dark green of the tree and the colorful flowers. I also like the shadow playing on the wall.

Laurie Allee said...

We went to hands free on July 1, too. I'm still having withdrawal symptoms but at least the Razr has a decent speakerphone!

Beautiful photo, as always.