Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bygone Days

I remember when I was little and the swingset in our backyard served as a fort, ship, or treehouse. The grass was always something you couldn't touch - a moat, the ocean, or the alligators on the ground ready to eat you. In order to get from the slide to the trapeze, you had to somehow use the monkey bars - otherwise you'd drown or otherwise die for sure! Of course when it was time for dinner, the ground was suddenly safe again, and the alligators all disappeared. This playset is in the backyard of a home in Walla Walla.

4 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

For me, the ground was always quicksand.

Lovely shot!

The Mom said...

Everytime I see a slide, I always think of the video I was filming to send to Aunt Laura many, many years ago. I was standing near the slide, filming the backyard and the back of the house. All of a sudden, you came tumbling down the slide and this flash of blonde hair was on the video for all of 2 seconds, with a small scream. It was pretty funny! (No, you didn't get hurt, and I think you surprised yourself when you came down the slide.)

• Eliane • said...

That is a sweet shot and I like your little trip through memory lane. Lovely.

Harry Makertia said...

It's a great B&W photo! I love the monochrome photography, but never managed it well. Don't know why.