Sunday, August 3, 2008

Decades


This fountain was placed in Pioneer Park somewhere around 1910 (can't remember the exact date) and was restored and repaired by a local group in the 1980s. This is one of the first times I've seen this fountain running, as I tend to avoid this park during the warmer days because of its popularity. So I generally see it during autumn and winter, when it is turned off to prevent the pipes from bursting with frozen water. It really is quite a beautiful fountain. While I sate at a nearby picnic bench and enjoyed dinner with my husband and sister, we saw several groups of kids come by and splash around in it. Their giggles made me smile.

3 comments:

Jill said...

This is a lovely fountain. I love the 'wedding cake' tiered design. Glad you were able to see it working.

The Mom said...

I love the photo and the angle that you took it from. It looks cool and refreshing and a sultry summer day. How tall is the fountain?

Becky said...

It's probably six feet or so.