Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vandalised Onion

As far as I know, there is only one more onion to show you in this series. I hope to get a picture of it soon. And if I've missed one, someone should let me know so I can get a photo of it and post it here for the rest of the world to enjoy. This onion is one of the few I've seen vandalised. The beautiful rust-orange pieces of glass can be seen picked off and on the ground at the base of the onion. It made me sad to see that; this is one of my favourite onions. And some artist spent HOURS cementing each small square to this orb, and someone disrespected that effort and talent enough to ruin it in a few short moments. Sad, really.

1 comment:

Jana said...

That is really sad someone vandalized that COOL looking onion. GEESH! Did ya get a picture of the purple onion? That is our teenage daughters favorite one. We thought it was cool when these popped up. Seattle painted pigs. We love them! It's fun!!

Jana