Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Forgotten Photo


I meant to post this photo back with all the other ice and snow photos a couple of weeks back, but neglected to. So here it is now, since it's still January and winter. This is a photo of a light switch on our front porch with cobwebs on it...that were coated in ice when the fog rolled in and froze a couple of Sundays ago. My husband loves this photo because he thinks the spider webs just look so cool. I agree. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your mindset), the freezing cold weather is gone and we are experiencing early spring. I don't think it will last; I think we'll get some more below freezing days, but we'll see! Right now I'll enjoy walking outside with sunglasses and no coat.

7 comments:

Debbie Courson Smith said...

The spider webs do look cool, but I bet the spider wasn't happy.

Kim said...

No coat!? Sunglasses!? Lucky you! For the past couple days I've gone without scarf, but not coat.
I got to catch up with your photos a bit and enjoyed them. This one is fun to see . . .burr! I wonder how spiders and their young survive the winter.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Laurie Allee said...

WOw, that's a cool shot! Poor little spider...

Pat said...

That's great. At first when the photo was loading, I thought it was a basketball hoop with the white netting below!

Small City Scenes said...

Like Bibi I too thought it was an old basketball hoop---but now I see it looks sideways. Neat. MB

The Mom said...

So, do you suppose there is a frozen spider somewhere?

Ruthie said...

I keep thinking..."Object Lesson?" But then...I don't know what it would be. I am so helpful. ;) I love this photo...
-R