Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hill With a View


Another geocaching photo. My husband is way more into geocaching than I am, though I find the concept interesting. I just don't like spending half an hour searching for something. The fun part is following the GPS to an unknown destination. It's like a Christmas morning surprise journey. But once you get there, if you can't find the cache within about 2 minutes, I'm bored. Poor husband, I know! Anyway, this photo was taken on the hills south of Milton-Freewater last January (that's M-F down the hill in the distance). The stormy skies are typical for this time of year, and is, in fact, what we had some of last week. This week it was sunny and beautiful for two days and the rest has been foggy/cloudy/grey/drizzly. Nice if you like that sort of thing. I don't mind it. But I actually did like the sunny days. So we are back to wearing coats outside, etc....I'm actually wearing a scarf today. Ah, the weather. One never knows what to expect!

4 comments:

Pat said...

I don't think I'd like geocoaching either,but I do like this photo!

The Mom said...

I agree with your comments on geocaching: I like following the GPS and finding unique locations, but I hate hunting for something that may not even be there any more! Nice photo..love the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place to contemplate.

Stefan Jansson said...

I have a few flickr friends that are in to geocaching. I really could use a GPS when I'm out looking for rune stones and other cool stuff so I might just join in the fun!