Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Making History

I wish this was a better picture, but I didn't want to ruin it by adding flash. And I only have a point and shoot, so I'm no expert photographer!

I'm sure a lot of American CDP folks are posting photos on this topic today (and perhaps tomorrow). It's a big day for us - we swore in our first black president, the 44th this country has elected. Barack Hussein Obama gave a wonderful inaugural speech this morning (which was afternoon back in D.C.), and I sincerely enjoyed being able to watch this momentous occasion. If you enlarge the photo, you might be able to make out an ear belonging to the person in front of me at the event where we watched it on a large screen on the Walla Walla U. campus.

Here's to the future of the United States of America. No one knows what the future holds, but one things is for sure: Most of us, as of this morning, have renewed hope. And will continue to pray.

5 comments:

Saretta said...

Yeah! I watched the inauguration live on TV in Italy with my whole family! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

I rushed home from work so that I could watch it with my husband at home. I shed a tear (or 3). What a great occasion.

Leslie Saeta said...

Becky,
Check out my painting on my blog today. I think you will like it! Thanks again for the inspiration.
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Your picture conveys the feelings of the moment. It's perfect.

The Mom said...

It will definitely be interesting to see where this country is headed in the near future. I didn't get to see the inauguration because I was attending a meeting, but I have heard good things about President Obama's comments.