Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Have a Thing...

For scraggly trees. I can't help it, I get snap happy when I see them. I'm not sure what it is about them...perhaps the mystery, the unknown...or perhaps the potential. The promise of spring coming again. Whatever it is, here's another one for you to enjoy, taken during the same geocaching trip as yesterday's post. This is down in the flatter part of the valley, on the edge of a field. At the base of the tree (kind of hard to see in this shot) is the irrigation ditch. In January they're empty.

5 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

Eerie beauty.

Stefan Jansson said...

Who doesn't have a thing for trees!Be sure to go back for another photo.

Pat said...

Me too. I have quite a few shots, and some good snow ones, but now there's no snow outside, so I won't post them....until maybe it snows again.

Leslie Saeta said...

Becky,
I can't remember if I asked you if it is ok if I use one of your photos as an ispiration for an oil painting? Let me know. I found you from Laurie in South PAsadena.
Leslie

The Mom said...

You should post a photo in the spring when it starts to sprout leaves....if it sprouts leaves. Maybe it's dead?