Friday, January 9, 2009

Abandoned

This beautiful church building sits on the corner of Forth Street and Ash in College Place. I've always found this view of it to be attractive, but no shot has turned out as well as this one with the snow. It's a bit dark, but I like the newness of the snow contrasted with the run-down facade of the building itself. I'm not sure what this building used to be, but it has not been used since long before I moved to the valley in 2001. I really think if someone fixed it up - new paint, new support, good cleanup of the yard, etc. - it would be a beautiful meeting place. And it wouldn't necessarily have to be a church meeting place...it could be a student building, since it's so close to Walla Walla U. Just my humble opinion...

3 comments:

Troop 1309 said...

That church is beautiful!

Small City Scenes said...

What a beautiful old building. I wish it could be restored. the longer it sits empty the sooner it will fall apart. Could you find out it's history? MB

Pat said...

So lovely. I'd like to make it over into a home...