Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Landscape

This weekend it snowed again. Just a bit, though - nothing like December. We only have about 2 1/2 - 3 inches at our house, and in some places there is barely an inch. I do like how it makes the world look wintry again, rather than just plain cold and grey. The sky was grey and overcast when I took this shot of the river on Sunday afternoon, but the snow brightened everything, in spite of there not being much to speak of. Just looking at this water rushing by beneath me made me cold. Monday morning as I was eating breakfast, our thermometer said it was 10* F (approximately -12* C). Over the next couple of days I'm going to take you on a tour of the back country roads between Milton-Freewater and College Place/Walla Walla. And it will be a wintry drive, so bring your coat and mittens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky:

We are adding "local celebrity" blog links from the Tourism Walla Walla website.

www.wallawalla.org and I would like to invite you join us

Please contact me at
mdavidson@wallawalla.org

Michael

Pat said...

I agree that a dusting of snow makes everything look better. I'm so tired of the gray and bleakness here.... Your photo makes me wish I were there.