Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rogers Bakery II


This is one of my favourite places to go for lunch. You've seen photos of it here before - it has outside dining called "The Courtyard" that is quite enjoyable during the spring and autumn (gets a bit hot in the summer and a bit chilly in the winter). This is what it looks like on the inside. It's less than a mile from where my husband and I work, so we often come here for lunch (probably more often than we should). In the winter, I love getting their soups. They offer creamy tomato basil, baked potato, chili, creamy broccoli cheese, and corn chowder. All are delicious and are fun to eat in a bread bowl. During the summer - well, truthfully, year-round! - my favourite is their Avocado Deluxe sandwich: Mayo, sprouts, tomato, swiss cheese, onion, and avocado on your choice of bread. My favourite is the 8-grain bagel. All of their dishes are available with real meat or veggie-meat, which is great for vegetarians like me. Rogers is also a bakery and they make all of their own bread, bagels, donuts, cookies, pies, and other baked goods. And it is all delicious. I highly recommend trying this place if you're ever in town. It's located on the North end of College Avenue in College Place.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I love places like this: plain and simple and good. Great photo.

The Mom said...

Oh, that sounds delicious! I wish we had places here that catered more to the vegetarians. We did venture into Fuddruckers yesterday and they have a vegetarian burger, which was excellent. They also have a produce bar, where you can put anything you want on your burger. It was mmmmmm, good!