Sunday, December 7, 2008

In a Dream


As we were driving down a country road outside of Milton-Freewater, I had my camera out, hoping to catch some shots of the wild turkey that roams the fields in that area (I had no luck, though we did see a flock of them. They're just too fast.) As we came around a curve there was a dilapidated barn right at the edge of the road. It had obviously not been used for some time, and I loved the look of it nestled into the winter foliage. I raised my camera and snapped the shutter, not expecting much. Though it's not a high-quality photo, I kind of like the effect. Made me think of a dream segment in the movies.

9 comments:

Victor said...

Sometimes happy accidents can work really well and this is one of those times. Very moody and mysterious image. Might be fun to play with it in black and white or pump up contrast or...who knows? Well done! Aren't you glad you had your camera ready?

Small City Scenes said...

It is a very interesting shot. Neat things happen when we least expect them. I love old barns and sheds. They probably have great stories to tell--if only they could. MB

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Wow yes it's amazing.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Serendipity is the photographer's friend. You have created a stunning surreal shot. Tell everyone you meant to do this., call it art.

Pat said...

This is beautiful, accidental or not. Reminds me of one of Andrew Wyeth's prairie paintings.

Anonymous said...

Very arty shot.

Anonymous said...

It is a really interesting effect - it looks like it's been done in some fancy programme. I'd be really pleased if I took this :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I really like your photos - I've scrolled through and I enjoyed my visit!

The Mom said...

Cool photo...probably looks better blurred than it would have if you had taken the time to frame it!