Friday, December 26, 2008

Do You Have the Time?

Though this clock rarely tells the correct time, it is a beautiful timepiece, I think. It was a gift from the class of 2000 at Walla Walla U. No matter what season it is, this clock always catches my eye. It's probably the second most photographed item on the WWU campus, the first being the Billy Budd statue in front of the library (see previous post), of which I will post another photo tomorrow, since it looks great buried in snow. (You'll see what I mean tomorrow.) The snow persists, and though I love the beauty of it, I'm fine with the amount we have - and I don't want any injuries or deaths due to icy, snowy, wintry travel. My prayers are with all who travel in this weather. Vaya con Dios, mis amigos.

8 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Becky, what is up with all this snow???? It has been snowing here all day long and I for one am very tired of SNOW.

Great looking timepiece. MB

Anonymous said...

I echo small cities sentiments. I guess we have to have it occasionally, but for two weeks...I'm tired.

Laurie Allee said...

Wow, what a gorgeous snow scene!

Pat said...

Lots of snow1 We got a sprinkling, and that's enough for me. It's soooo cold and icy now. I love your photo!

Kitty said...

what a ton of snow you have!
a friend of mine is visiting his folks in Walla Walla. It's cool to see where he's from

Ginger said...

Hey, can I use this photo in my Communique to the principals? It's the perfect thing.

From sunny Arizona...

The Mom said...

Nice photo! That clock is probably rather old. Have you ever noticed that most places that install clocks, like businesses, etc., never keep them updated?

Kay said...

Hi. I was just checking out photoblogs and I came upon yours. I like a lot of your photos.

Kay