Saturday, December 20, 2008

Freaky Weather



And I'm back! It's been a couple of weeks simply because I've been stressed and busy. But now I'm back and hope to be back to normal posting. This week we got a freak winter storm that dumped at least a foot of snow on us. That may sound like nothing to a lot of you, but we rarely get more than 1-2 inches at a time, and that only happens every 2-3 years. This just isn't a snowy place! So a foot is a lot of snow for us, and we weren't prepared. More is coming on Sunday, so that should be interesting. The photo above was taken of a local university's women's dorm parking lot. The cars are absolutely buried!

6 comments:

Monkey said...

How beautiful! I love the snow--except when I have to drive over the mountain passes, or someone I know and love has to. Then I pray for a heat wave and good driving conditions. It should be a law: Snow may fall where it wants to, except not on highways and major roads! I look forward to more photos of the wonderful, and awful, white stuff.

Laurie Allee said...

I've missed you Becky! Welcome back! But what a big snowy mess you have to contend with... wow! I'm looking forward to seeing more. I've never experienced snow like this. (NOt sure I want to!)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Good to see you back, Have been under the snowdrift all this time.

Small City Scenes said...

Yep, it looks like around here. Only up on this hill we got about 3ft of the darned stuff. Rare here too. MB

Wayne said...

The next time you take time off you'll have to bring a note from home.

12" of snow sounds like a lot to me but I live in Lotus Land.

Glad you're back Becky.

Lynette said...

I used to have a car like the one on the right. I recognize it, even covered with snow!