Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Proper Geocache

My husband and I joke that it's not a proper geocache unless there's a skeleton at the site. No, we've never found any human remains (that we were able to recognize as such), but there was a day that we found four in a row that were located near the site of some animal's last breath. This one at Bennington Lake (see Thursday's post) was no exception. The shape of this skull makes me think it was a deer, but the teeth look almost too sharp to belong to a simple herbivore. Though once again, I am no expert. Anyone want to venture a guess? Oh, as a side-note, we found peices of the rest of the skeleton a few yards away from the tree.

2 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I really wouldn't know but this photo is a bit of an American classic (at least seen with European eyes!)

Anonymous said...

Ummmm.....in my part of the country we see large sea shells on driftwood - not skulls!

Cool shot.