Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Tumult


With the morning yesterday came rain. And it stayed all day. This was unfortunate (but expected) for the Veteran's Day parades that happened in the valley (one in College Place and one in Walla Walla). However, when asked if they wanted to cancel the parade, the VFW group said, "If the Lord wants us to march in the rain, we'll march in the rain!" So the parade went on, and in spite of the soggy weather, a surprising number of people turned out to cheer the veterans, wave at the people in tanks, fire trucks, and sports cars, wave miniature American flags, and catch the candy thrown their way by several of the parade participants. I'm sure there are still some pieces out there lying in puddles. This photo is what greeted me when I came out of my office yesterday morning to run an errand.

2 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

Becky, I just LOVE your commentary.

I'm glad the parade went on as planned. Sometimes it's fun to jump around in puddles, anyway.

Great shot, today. We could sure use come rain here.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Yep - rainy and dark for the inland Pacific Northwest....