Friday, November 21, 2008

Transformation


Add ImageThis beautiful bush greeted me for several weeks as I pulled into the parking lot at work. It grew more and more vivid every day, and I admired it each morning. Last week I noticed it losing its leaves. The colour was deep and almost bloody, and each morning there were fewer leaves on the branches, and more on the ground below. I was very sad about the loss of this cheeful autumn beauty. But THIS week, I noticed something new: Berries! All of the vivid colouring, the deepening, the loss of leaves - it was all leading up to something else beautiful. Here is a close-up of how that same bush looks now. Amazing, isn't it?!? I love this time of year.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Great photo, Becky. Just a note: it's called a "Burning Bush." Really, that's the name. :)

Laurie Allee said...

Wow, what a beauty. And a great name for it, too!

I love the things you choose to illuminate for us, Becky. You have a poet's sensibility that is filled with wonder about ordinary things -- and I just love your blog!

Pat said...

This bush looks like a burst of fireworks frozen into place! Gorgeous.

USelaine said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euonymus_alatus

(Like Ginger said!)