Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bodyguards

The four male mallards were so intent on surrounding the lone female that I couldn't help but think they were her bodyguards. They were enjoying an autumn morning excursion on the creek that runs behind the "dollhouse" subdivision. They were slightly leery of coming too close to me as I stood on the bridge, but they didn't go too far away for me to get a photo. I think they may have been hopeful that I'd share some of my bagel with them. (I didn't.) I had taken a bagel and orange juice back to one of the benches along this creek to enjoy a morning break from my computer. It was just what I needed that morning.

2 comments:

Debbie Courson Smith said...

How nice that they joined you.

The Mom said...

I like the way you framed the photo. The focal point is on the ducks, but you can also see the beauty of the surroundings without detracting from the ducks. Nice job!