Friday, September 26, 2008

A Work of Art



As soon as I saw this I had to go investigate. With my camera, of course. It seems the Alumni Association of Walla Walla U. have decided to upgrade the three guest rooms they have on the campus. These guest rooms haven't been updated since the early 80s, so you can probably imagine what they looked like. Now they are modern and classy, according to Marcie, the university student who designed the new rooms and managed the project over the summer. Now the rooms are done and ready to be used...but there is one final touch Marcie wants: Art. This woman in the photo is putting together a couple of pieces of art for the walls of the guest rooms. The colours represented on the canvas are the colours guests in the new, modern rooms will enjoy. (She added a bit of black later.)

2 comments:

Wayne said...

I have a dropsheet that looks just like that painting only with a 'splash' of red.

Actually, I like the painting.

Thanks Becky.

Laurie Allee said...

I love candid shots like this. Great capture -- and now I want to see those rooms!