Monday, September 29, 2008

Just the Beginning

The trees are starting to show the season around here. I'm excited, since autumn is my favourite time of year (after Christmas, but that's not one of the four seasons). I love the colours, I love the cool mornings and evenings, and I love not having to sleep with a fan on. I also love being able to drink tea without overheating, and I love browsing through the long-sleeve section of my wardrobe - it's almost like having a bunch of new clothes to wear all of a sudden! This is a photo of the Congregrational Church in Walla Walla. It's a quiet Sunday morning, and the sacred building stands watch over the empty street, awaiting its weekly visitors and friends.

2 comments:

Wayne said...

It's my favourite season too Becky.

While waiting my turn at the doctor today I thumbed through a copy of Western LIving magazine (it was the doctor's office so naturally it was the March issue) and came across an article on Walla Walla. I got the sense that the article was focusing on the wine industry.

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like quintessential America to me! Lovely picture.