Sunday, July 27, 2008

Travel in a Moment


I'm not quite sure why, but when I went to get in my car and noticed these flowers stretching over the fence in front of where I had parked, I suddenly felt as though I'd been transported south to California. It may have had to do with the stuffy summer evening, or the arborvitae plants lining the fence beneath this determined branch, but whatever it was, it was quite effective. In a mere moment I'd traveled to a place I've been so often and times I might have forgotten in the attic of my mind. In an instant the cobwebs had been swept away, and there I was, at a mall with my friends in Ontario...in my grandmother's backyard in Riverside...on my street as a small child in San Diego. Curious how sometimes unexpected moments lead to unexpected places.

2 comments:

Jerez Sherry said...

beautiful flowers! Nice to meet you Walla Walla, from Mukilteo!

Kim said...

And I went back to the Trumpet Vine Court in Berkeley, except those are red.
These are very lovely, and I don't think I've seen this color before. Glad you stopped to take the shot!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo