Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just Passing By

I find it fascinating how many more things you notice around you when you're taking a photo a day. At least, I do. I notice colour combinations, people doing interesting things, unique building features, and a photographic moment in even the simplest, everyday things. Life is a lot richer when you're looking for moments to capture in time. For instance, I pulled off the road to take a photo of Peopeomoxmox and as I turned my head to check behind me before opening my door, I noticed a silent movement above the building in front of me. I'm not sure what this comes from, but the building is our local branch of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. I've had a couple of friends either work or intern for them, and my husband has visited their library, but I've never been inside the building myself. I just loved the silent ghosts of machinery slipping out through this vent in the roof. If the sun hadn't been just there, I never would have noticed.

1 comment:

Small City Scenes said...

Hi from another Washingtonian. Isn't it true that some of the best photos are when we least expect it. So what IS coming out of the flue? MB