Monday, July 28, 2008

Fritz


We went to some friends' house for dinner and making music on Friday night. There were 3 couples involved, and we are all musicians of varying sorts: electric guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, voice, harp, drums, clarinet, etc. So we gathered after a delicious dinner of pitas, hummus, falafel, tabouleh salad, and tsatsiki (it was all so delicious!) and sang and played for about an hour. It was great fun. All the while, Fritz, their friendly cat, was wandering around the room, vying with the instruments for our attention. He succeeded when I saw him lying here, ready to be photographed. Though he looks apathetic to my presence, he was quite proud of himself to have won.

6 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

I love the books Fritz is sitting in front of! Made me laugh, esp. the one titled "Christ's Object Lessons." I can think of a cat or two who could use an object lesson from Christ. Or Ghandi. Or Mother Teresa. I think most cats take a page of Genghis Kahn! LOL!

Isadora said...

:) He certainly gets my vote. Looks regal as my Ferko!

Mo said...

Think fritz is the one in control here.

T said...

Oh I love him! Great capture and framing. We have a cat named Niko and he adores my husband. I have a photo of him sitting perfectly between books in my husbands office/library...two of his favorite things, reading & Niko. Dinner sounds fabulous...oh how I miss the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

T said...

Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. My husband lived all over the Seattle area for 4 years from about 1997-2001 (this was before we met). We lived in Renton together from the summer of 2003-spring 2004. We miss it terribly but there is good work here in Texas, low cost of living and my husband is in school. We hope to be back there someday.

Rachel said...

Sure was a fun evening!