Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Remodel

Close to two years ago I posted a picture of Rogers Bakery & Cafe, one of my favourite places to eat in the valley. Last spring a fire starting in their attic caused them to close due to fire damage. While the roof was repaired relatively quickly, the rest of the building needed some work, and unfortunately they ran into several complications, forcing them to keep their doors locked for seven months. Yesterday morning they opened their doors for the first time since April, and wow, what a difference! They took advantage of the need for fire repairs and completed a much-needed makeover. I am impressed and excited to eat lunch there today. (This picture was taken yesterday morning when I went for coffee and a bagel.) Oh Rogers, how I've missed you!

3 comments:

Geoff Steen said...

Looks like a great spot for a coffee. I love places with blackboard specials boards and home-cooked food.

Randy said...

Looks like a nice place and bagel sounds so good.

montanasnowbaby said...

I really need to go there. I have never been there, even when I was in college. Sad. I meant to go this week but ended up not making it. NEXT WEEK!!