Thursday, June 18, 2009

Celebrate the Rain

This past Sunday was commencement at Walla Walla U. It was an overcast morning with chances of thunderstorms, and though we didn't get any thunder or lightning, the valley sure got soaked! I loved the collection of umbrellas across the lawn where they hold the ceremony each year. It's called Centennial Green, as it was dubbed in 1992 when the school celebrated its 100th year. It may have been raining, but that didn't subdue the celebrations and cheering! Congratulations to the WWU class of 2009!

4 comments:

Lowell said...

I'll give you credit for your perseverance! Hope you kept your camera dry!

Congrats to the grads!

Cute photo!

cieldequimper said...

Very nice shot, I like the b&w!

The Mom said...

It always rains during commencement. If not during the ceremony, then at least before or after. Oh, well. That's what umbrellas are for.

John said...

Even though I am a member of the WWU Class of 2010, a classmate of mine and I went to get inspired for our 2nd year in the MSW program.

Here are my pictures from Sunday... http://rejectedreality.net/grad-school/just-one-more-year