Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Bird

Since we're on a bird kick here at WWV Daily Photo, I thought I'd finish out the weekend with a Mourning Dove. I stopped to take a picture of the gorgeous green (though perhaps currently misnomered) Blue Mountains, and this little guy posed for me just across the street from where we had parked. The field and hills made a fantastic background for this rather blah little brown bird. These are common birds here in the Pacific Northwest United States, and perhaps you have them where you live? I can't say for sure why they're called Mourning Doves, but they do coo a bit like they're crying. They have a soothing, soft call, and are cute little birds, even if they aren't as colourful as their larger relatives, the ducks.

1 comment:

Lowell said...

We've got a bunch; they're just pigeons of a different color...but this is a wonderful shot...what a fantastic view!