Monday, July 27, 2009

Evening Light

I've shown a couple of pictures from La Grande before; this is another. La Grande is only 90 minutes away from The Walla Walla Valley, and is a fantastic place to visit. It's beautiful there in the Grande Ronde Valley, and because of its close proximity to the western border mountains (the highest peak of which is known as Mt. Emily), the evenings cool off much quicker and to much lower temperatures than the WWV. The other factor is that La Grande is at approximately 2700 feet; the WWV's highest point is just over 1,000 feet. Here the evening light is highlighting Mt. Harris, the highest point on the eastern side of the valley.

3 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Lovely shot, I need to go there sometime, I think I've already said that I drove through La Grande on my way from Joseph to Hood River but didn't stop anywhere... :-(

cieldequimper said...

That "Tales Out Of Oregon" book is really good and guess where I bought it? At Earthlight Books on Main Street... ;-)

Lowell said...

This makes me want to jump in the car and hit the open road 'til I get to the wide open spaces...

Very nicely done!