Thursday, October 16, 2008

Autumn Edifice


There is a lot of construction going on around the Walla Walla Valley, most of it in Walla Walla itself. There is never construction in Milton-Freewater...from all I can tell that's because the city isn't really all that interested in improvements. At any rate, there are plenty of orange barrells and orange cones and reduced-speed detours around the valley. This area is one of the areas that has seen a lot of backhoes and trucks and hard-hatted construction workers wandering around. This beautiful building on Rose Street in Walla Walla has no name yet. It has what appears to be a drive-through (perhaps for a bank?) on this one side, and room for at least 3 other businesses. But what will go in there? I hope it's something fun and useful. We don't need more banks, credit unions, or military recruitment places. I vote for a smoothie shop!

4 comments:

Wayne said...

Keep us posted Becky. It looked like a bank drive-through to me right of the bat. But it could be a Starbucks drive-through. Personally, I'd rather there was no such thing as a drive-through.

Laurie Allee said...

I agree with Wayne. I'm kind of a fan of drive-through coffee places, though...

Jana said...

This is a beautiful building. I like the clock on the front of what looks to be the drive through area. A coffee or smoothie drive through would be cool. I think they're are enough banks around town. LOL!!

The Mom said...

Could be a drive-through Starbucks. We have one here in Boise that looks like a bank, and we thought that's what it was going to be when it was being built. Surprise! It was a Starbucks.