Thursday, October 15, 2009

For the Dogs

This is the valley's only animal shelter, the Blue Mountain Humane Society. My husband and I got our dog there, and my sister adopted a cat from them, as well. I am one of those who will never buy a purebred dog because I don't understand 1) why someone would pay that much for a dog, and 2) why someone would pay that much for a dog when there are thousands of dogs that are going to be put to death because people won't adopt them. And yes I feel strongly about this. Though if you really must have a purebred dog, one in four dogs at Human Societies is purebred. The Humane Society does much good for the cause of dogs and cats across the country, and as a dog person, I appreciate any organization that does what it can to save the lives of adorable canines whenever it can. Support your local Humane Society: Donate cat and/or dog food, and adopt from them. They can only handle so many animals, and those that they have are in dire need of a loving home. Stop by today!

For more information on the Humane Society and to find one near you, visit their website at http://humanesociety.org/. You can save the life of an adorable animal like this one.

No comments: