Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Long-Awaited Little Miss

I'm back! It's been six weeks since I last posted, and at that time I was in the hospital having my darling little girl. I was induced at 6 a.m. and at 9:16 p.m. on July 29, my Little Miss entered the world. It was a pretty straight-forward delivery, though her body temperature was a little low, so they had me hold her skin-to-skin and draped two heated blankets around us. By the following morning she was doing just fine, and was feeding well, too. This picture was taken the day after we brought her home from the hospital. She was so peaceful, napping next to me on the couch. So here is your first introduction to...Kayla Sue.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

beautiful baby - congratulations

Small City Scenes said...

Welcome to the world, Kayla Sue.
She is beautiful.
and welcome to Momhood to you.

MB

Meri said...

I almost missed this, since I'm in Los Cabos. Congrats -- Kayla is beautiful and looks so peaceful. Hope you're getting enough sleep.

Kim said...

I am so charmed! Congratulations again. This is a wonderful portrait of her. Our children bless us with the journey they take us on. What surprised me most was that my daughter taught me things and opened up whole new things to me to enjoy. . .like chess and knitting! She changed me forever in small and big ways. And she still call me Mommy! :-) So fun to share in your joy with your Little Miss. Blessings on the journey together,
-Kim

cieldequimper said...

Congratulations again! She is so, so pretty!